Quail Valley welcomes back those who grew up here, left the area for college or to start their careers and families, only to return to the place that provided them such a great childhood. What better place to raise their own families! Real Estate in Quail Valley is perfect for the young parents looking for that small town feel, those small town values, within a short drive of the country’s fourth largest city, Houston.
Quail Valley’s Culture
One of the reasons we see so many young professionals returning to Quail Valley is the culture here. The great sense of community grows from the homes, the amenities, and the people who live and play here.
You see real diversity in the community, with people of all ages and backgrounds. It’s like one big family of grandparents, parents, children, cousins, and friends. Everybody here keeps a an eye out for each other. You get the right mix of nostalgia, small-town values, and a place that keeps evolving with the times.
Quail Valley Work Life Balance
- Golf. Quail Valley has several quality golf courses available to residents at discounted rates.
- Tennis and Fitness Centre with 13 courts, cardio and weight training facilities, pickup basketball and volleyball courts, batting cages and a kid zone.
- Community Centre for wedding, business and other events, includes meeting rooms, lots of parking and on-site catering.
- Parks and Trails: There’s over 180 acres of recreational areas in Quail Valley, with fishing, sports fields, playgrounds, and trails.
- Special Events: Date night, Main Street Christmas lights, Friday night bingo, July 4th Celebration, Golf events, and more.
- Community Clubs: Quail Valley Mothers Club (lead by our own Jennifer McCalmon Obi), Garden Club, Exchange Club and more.
Living in Quail Valley has the benefit of being in the ‘burbs — that quiet community feel. But in Quail Valley, you’re only 20-25 minutes from Houston. Most suburb communities are easily twice that distance. That means you won’t suffer from that long commute and you’ll have all of the great stuff to do right here in town. Plus, you also get the benefits of city living. Houston has it all: ball games, art galleries, festivals, restaurants, and more.
On the work side of the work-life equation, USA Today has ranked Houston as one of the best places to work in the US. The median age of workers in Houston is getting younger, as new industries emerge. Houston is known for its Oil Industry (Energy), but it also offers great jobs in Healthcare, Biotech and Life Sciences, Aerospace and Aviation, and Manufacturing. “Houston, we no longer have a problem!” Houston is fast becoming a preferred place for larger corporations to locate their headquarters — 14 of the largest 25 businesses in America are headquartered in Houston.
Quail Valley Real Estate Update
At the center of Quail Valley’s real estate market are six great golf courses. This means most homes here are without backyard neighbors, providing privacy. Many of the homes here were built in the 1970s. They have real character, are sturdy, and provide an opportunity for new owners to do some renovations and turn them into a home.
Some current trends and data on Quail Valley Real Estate:
- Home prices are a great value for everything you get from this community and its proximity to Houston.
- Median listing price is $224k at approximately $96 per square foot.
- Strong public schools along with a great private Montessori high school.
Your Quail Valley Realtor
The team at Par 3 Realty is “Quail Valley” to the core. We’re in our 30s and 40s. We grew up here and have either stayed here or moved back home. We serve on the boards and committees here in town and are active in the schools and the community. People come to us for news and info on the town because we’re also great neighbors. So, if you’re looking to come home to Quail Valley, give us a call and set up a meeting with our team. We’ll understand exactly what you’re looking for — that place where your kids will move back to one day.